all available now,

“Dominant Wave Theory, Photography by Andy Hughes”
published by Booth-Clibborn Editions,

“Ortlos: Architecture of the Networks” 216 pages book,
by ortlos architects and david carson, foreword by thom mayne.
published by Hatje Cantz,

“F!rst Point” magazine, #3 available now!
(the link for US subscriptions is here.)
interview- first point magazine, issue 2

cover, “buero am meer®” magazine by sven hoffmann,
ISSUE NUMBER 4, Carson: Family matters.
photographs + layouts from the life, david carson, 240 pages, bw

“almaquatica” by klaus mitteldorf, sidney tenucci, david carson, coming soon!

Sent: Feb 12, 2006 7:43 PM
To: dcarson@earthlink.net
Subject: thanks

Dear Mr. Carson,

My name is Jarred and I am currently a Junior majoring in Graphic design @ West Texas A&M University in canyon, Texas. I just wanted to write you a quick e-mail to express my thanks for the motivation I have acquired from reading about and looking at your work. I’ve been working as a production artist in a local advertising agency and taking class for the past 2 years now and to be perfectly honest, alot of the time I find myself struggling to come up with interesting ideas or concepts. However, about 6 months ago my teacher told me about you and a few other designers that have quite frankly changed the way I look at my work (and any kind or print/tv in general) in just a few months time. Your work has most defintiely motivated me to experiment with type and image combinations – It has also helped me understand how much context can be added to work by rearrangements of type. I’m not saying that i still don’t struggle from time to time…I hope all designers do, but after looking at your work i can most certainly say that i am able to solve the problem in a more efficient and clever manner.
Thanks again…
-Jarred

david interviewed NOW on al gores TV network:

Hey Hillman and David,
The piece is now airing in heavy rotation on current.
Check out at-
http://current.tv/pods/core/PD00816
On the site you can find your local channel on the top
right of page. It is channel 366 on Direct TV but it
changes with different cable providers. Thanks for
your participation,
Best,
Adam

u-suck

Sent: Sep 23, 2005 4:38 PM
To: dcarson@earthlink.net
Subject: yet another fan

greetings mr.carson

well, let us begin. first of all, u suck. u suck because every time i look at your work i feel like I’ve thought of the same things u design but u beat me to it. i know its easier said than done. well i would like to actually say thank you. first of all because you inspired me to be a designer and also because you still inspire me to stick to it. I’m 22 years old, and its hard being an armature graphic designer since there are so many prodigies in this field who seem to get younger and younger. then you come out with of the blue…(literally, the ocean) no pun intended, start out at 25 or 26 (cant really remember) and still be able to create such kick ass work with such passion and start a rucks in the design world. u r the cliche of breaking the rules and making it work and that is just cool man.

sincerely,
hani alireza

p.s. what do u think i of the photo?…cool huh?